April 25, 2024, 05:21:40 AM

News:

Got VSA?  Want to use your Prop-SX?  Now you can!  See the VSA section of the Library forum for Prop-SX code that works with VSA.

Using Vixen as a Prop Programmer

Started by JonnyMac, June 21, 2007, 08:05:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jukingeo

Quote from: JonnyMac on August 08, 2010, 04:55:55 PM
Stay in sync?  Yes, but to what resolution?  Hard to say.  If you're going to acquire an AP-16+ and already have a Prop-2 (I think you do) then you can do some experiments.  Remember, the Prop-2 is running a single-threaded, interpreted language so timing will never be as precise as say using an SX or Propeller chip.

Usually I use 50ms for most of my "faster" songs with Vixen, but for the most part 100ms is fine too.  Only for the slowest songs that do very little fading do I even go up to 250ms,  but that is very rare.

Again, this is going to be a case-by-case experiment.  Note that we only provided the Vixen tool as a "step up" for folks that had never used a programmable controller before.  Since Vixen does produce a .BS2 file you could always go into the code and fine-tune the timing constant if you find drift in the project.

Yeah that IS pretty amazing that you and the creator of Vixen managed to turn out something that can create a code for the Prop controllers.

Well, overall I do have my answer and I believe I still will be sticking to two computers for this year, since I already have planned my set up that way for this year, BUT once I do get the AP-16+, then I can experiment and see what happens.

Discovering that you have released the AP-16+ does open other doors for projects that I have been considering...such as a MIB.   The AP-16+ will certainly make things quite a bit simpler.

Once again, thanx for the info.

Geo

John F.

I'm trying to get this to work, but I get error "can't load prop 1 or 2 vixen add-in to version 2.1.4" (not exact wording). Please help. Thanks.

John F.

Never mind, after posting this I logged on to the support and found your updates and it appears to be working okay. This is my first time trying this so I'll see how I do. Thanks.