April 19, 2024, 08:51:01 AM

News:

Be sure to checkout our Vixen interfaces in the Library forum -- if you want PC automation at near zero cost, EFX-TEK and Vixen is a great combination of tools.

Updated Vixen Streamer and Player Programs

Started by JonnyMac, September 30, 2013, 12:23:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JonnyMac

The HC-8+ is getting more use with the Vixen stream and player programs Attached to this post are the lasted archives from my computer. If you use this, you're in good company: our friend at Disneyland used this to create a simple servo animation for the gingerbread cake in the Haunted Mansion.

To keep the code clean and something you can learn from, I've divided it into two parts. The streamer takes live data from Vixen (through the HC-8+ programming port) and updates the outputs. After exporting the data to a .BIN file, you can play it with the player program from a microSD (you'll need an adapter for your HC-8+). The player program supports audio playback from the AP-16+.

Both programs come pre-configured to four servos and four dimmers. You can add more HC-8+ boards for more channels, and even connect DMX fixtures if you like. I've added a lot of comments to the top of both files to help you out.

So far, the feedback is positive. Only a month to go -- have fun!
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office