April 23, 2024, 06:34:20 AM

News:

You can now use Vixen to program your Prop-1 and Prop-2 controllers!  Get started quickly and easily, without having to learn PBASIC.  Details in the Library forum.

file won't play

Started by daryncoleman, February 02, 2017, 05:52:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daryncoleman

i have an ap16 that uses a dry trigger to play a single 45mb wave file.  i just received the board back from having it repaired (RMA1701) to correct an issue with the board just repeating without a trigger.  got the board back and it stopped working.  the file wouldn't load.  the status light was out.  i talked with John and he told me to back the board in the oven to dry out any moisture that might have developed under the crystal.
after i baked the board in the oven i now get a green status light but when you push start it just blinks red for about 3 blinks and doesn't play the file.  i replaced the SD card with a new one and still get the same result - red blinking status light and no audio.  any suggestions?

JonnyMac

Did we not sort this out on the phone yesterday?

Make sure that the SELECT knob matches the file you want to play, and that the PRE and POST pots are rotated fully counter-clockwise so there is no delay after triggering.

Tip: If you don't need two channels, encode your WAV as a mono file, with a 32kHz sample rate. Save as a signed 16-bit WAV with no metadata.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

daryncoleman

this is a different problem.   i called and talked to John Barrowman and he had me try putting the board in the oven for a few minutes.  that worked for a moment but now it won't play the file.  the status LED is green but when you push start it blinks RED for a few seconds but never plays the file.  i did put in a new SD card