April 18, 2024, 09:17:50 AM

News:

Be sure to checkout our Vixen interfaces in the Library forum -- if you want PC automation at near zero cost, EFX-TEK and Vixen is a great combination of tools.

DMX signal issues with HC+8

Started by michilson, November 24, 2017, 02:59:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

michilson

Hey guys,

I have a HC+8 that I am trying to control Via DMX. I have confirmed it's wired correctly but when I plug in the DMX cable and Degub via the terminal window I get a display that there is no signal. Any thoughts on this?

I can share code if need be. Thanks

JonnyMac

I use the HC-8+ in slave mode quite frequently -- especially with big projects like these for my friend Steve Wang:

-- https://www.pinterest.com/pin/497788565044433286/
-- https://www.pinterest.com/pin/497788565037053961/

I've attached my DMX slave code for a simple 8-channel fixture.

If you want to share your code I may be able to point out a problem (if there is one).
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

michilson

December 14, 2017, 08:08:35 PM #2 Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 08:18:29 PM by michilson
Jonny,

I still am not getting any DMX control status on the HC-8. Is there any kind of warranty? Or a way to get a replacement unit maybe a refurbished? I'm not sure if a power spike fried the DMX or what's the issue. But don't seem to matter what I do all I get is a No signal indication on the terminal window.

Thanks.

livinlowe

What are you using to generate the DMX signals? Is there a problem with that perhaps?

Shawn
Shawn
Scaring someone with a prop you built -- priceless!

michilson

An Artnet DMX device and no I have tested to make sure it's generating DMX. I am trying to use channels 505-512 at the end of the first universe. but that shouldn't be an issue. I Thought to check and eliminate that variable.

I am pretty sure there is an issue with the HC+8 being it's saying there is not DMX signal.

JonnyMac

The code that I attached above has been used in dozens of projects -- and not just by me; a mouse-friendly amuzement park just down the road has used that same driver in custom HC-8+ projects there. My friend Matt made a "Stranger Things" experience last year where an HC-8+ monitored a DMX stream for show cues (the HC-8+ was used to spell words with Christmas lights).

Make sure that you're connected to R+ and R- at the top of the board, and if that's the case, swap the wires.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office