April 18, 2024, 04:49:19 PM

News:

You can now use Vixen to program your Prop-1 and Prop-2 controllers!  Get started quickly and easily, without having to learn PBASIC.  Details in the Library forum.

Basic Stamp Editor will not open programs

Started by Bill P, May 21, 2008, 09:35:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill P

Jon:

I realize that this is not exactly an EFX-TEK question, but I cannot understand why all my Prop and Parallax programs have changed their folder image from the bs-2 picture to an Adobe Reader picture, the one with the red A.  Not only did they change the picture, they will not open by clicking on them, and starting the Editor.  I now have to open the Editor and then open the program to view the code.  It doesn't make sense.
When I try to open the program, I get the message "BlankProject,bs2 is not a valid Win32 application."  Any help would be appreciated in reconverting the programs from Adobe back to Parallax.  I am using the latest Basic Stamp Editor v2.4.

Thanks,

Bill

ScaryTinker

Bill,

I'm guessing your computer is a PC running Windows.  If so, what version?  XP?  I think the file association is messed up.  It's an easy fix.

SteveC

Bill P

JonnyMac

Sounds like your program associations got changed by another program.  In the BASIC Stamp IDE open the Preferences dialog (Edit -> Preferences) and on the Files & Directories tab make sure that "Verify at Startup" is checked, as well as BS1 (for Prop-1) and BS2 (for Prop-2).  Click on OK, close the program, then restart it.  If this doesn't fix the problem you should contact our friends at Parallax -- who I happen to be visiting today!
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

Bill P

Thanks Jon and Steve,

Seems like the editor was corrupted and I just downloaded it again.

All works like it used to except the icons still are adobe reader.

Bill P

Bill P

Just went into the properties of the folder where the programs, changed the open with to the new version and lo and behold all the icons became bs2's again.