April 25, 2024, 05:19:38 PM

News:

Got VSA?  Want to use your Prop-SX?  Now you can!  See the VSA section of the Library forum for Prop-SX code that works with VSA.

Wiper Motor & HB25

Started by jssherrard, August 09, 2008, 01:38:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jssherrard

Yup, J1 installed on HB-25...

JonnyMac

Have you posted in the Parallax forums?  I think the guy who designed that for Parallax is Phil Pilgram, and he's a regular contributor there.  You might post a question in the BASIC Stamp forum.  Since they might not know what a Prop-1 is tell them you're using the BASIC Stamp 1, because that is in fact the core of the Prop-1.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

jssherrard

Yeah, I originally posted to "The Sandbox" section of the Parallax forums. I just added a post to the BASIC Stamp forum. Fingers crossed!

Is it possible for the Prop-1 to be at fault or malfunctioning, sending incorrect pulses to the HB-25?

JonnyMac

I suppose anything is possible -- you could test by connecting to a standard servo; if you can get the servo to wag back and forth by sending standard servo pulses (100 to 200) then you know it's not the Prop-1.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

jssherrard

I thought I should post a (very belated) follow-up:

It turns out the issue was a faulty HB-25. Using separate power supplies for the Prop-1 and HB-25/motor and having replaced the inconsistent HB-25, the prop works flawlessly!

I would like to thank Scary Terry and JonnyMac for the invaluable (and greatly appreciated) assistance!!!

;D

livinlowe

Thanks for the heads up! Might help some prop builders with similar issues.
Shawn
Scaring someone with a prop you built -- priceless!