April 25, 2024, 09:24:19 AM

News:

Got VSA?  Want to use your Prop-SX?  Now you can!  See the VSA section of the Library forum for Prop-SX code that works with VSA.

GSM Haunt Productions 2008 "Sneak Peek" video

Started by gmacted, September 30, 2008, 09:15:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gmacted

Here is a "sneak peek" video of my 3-axis skull routine for 2008 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4EiFaY77S8).  It's not a completed project as I still have more work to do but the hard part is over.  I'm using VSA with a Prop-SX controller.  Thanks Jon for all your help!  The Prop-SX is an incredible product!

Greg

JonnyMac

Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

EricTheMannn

great work! the 2nd skull talking sounds like Carl from family guy, one more day till October!! woo

I'm sure your haunt will be a blast.
WooHoo

gmacted

Quote from: EricTheMannn on September 30, 2008, 10:05:22 AM
great work! the 2nd skull talking sounds like Carl from family guy, one more day till October!! woo

I'm sure your haunt will be a blast.

Thanks for the compliment.  The 2nd skull voice is actually mine with a fake Southern accent that was "modfied" via Audacity.  I'm not from the South nor have I ever lived there, but I didn't want the neighborhood kids to know it was me.  I'm not even really sure it was a good Southern accent.

Greg

JonnyMac

As an actor and a person who has lived in the south I can tell you it's fine.  No, not necessarily accurate but then, there are bunches of regional dialects that we collectively call a southern accent.  Still, who expects a perfect/accurate out of a talking skull?  Nobody!  You're going for essence and you got it; your viewers brains will fill in the rest.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

gmacted

Thanks for the kind words Jon.  Close enough is good enough for me.

To be honest, I don't think there will be too many TOTs that will listen to the content anyway.  I would guess that most will point and say something like "look it's talking".  I tried to keep the whole routine under a minute because I know it probably won't hold their interest for long.  I do, however, expect a couple of return visits during the night to watch it again.

Greg

livinlowe

Shawn
Scaring someone with a prop you built -- priceless!

gmacted

I was finally able to take a video of the completed project this year.  Here is a link to the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLNb-Sn7Ru4

JonnyMac

Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office