March 29, 2024, 01:53:39 AM

News:

Got VSA?  Want to use your Prop-SX?  Now you can!  See the VSA section of the Library forum for Prop-SX code that works with VSA.

3 Axis skull..where do I begin?

Started by RosehallManor, December 12, 2008, 08:44:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gmacted

Jeff,

I ran a single power and ground to each skull (red +, black -).

I cut the connectors off each of the four servos and soldered all the red wires together.  I also soldered all of the black wires together.  20 gauge wire is capable of carrying 11 amps of current so I saw no need to run individual power and ground to each of the four servos.  The white wire (control) for each servo was soldered to a twisted pair.

I don't currently have any pictures of the connections, but I will make some time this week to do so and post them for you.  Please be aware that I "shrink wrapped" everything, so some of the finer details will not be seen, but I think it will show you what you want to see.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Greg

davisgraveyard

Thanks for the info.  I've come up with my own scheme using your ideas.   I mounted 2 RJ-45 jacks at the base of the skull and then connected them to female servo pigtails.  I wired them to the jacks so that I can use standard network cable.    One jack is for the 4 main servos.  The other jack is for the common power, power to the LED's for eyes and 2 servos for the eyes.  I'll mount 2 RJ-45 jacks into the box that holds the Prop Controler and audio boards just like you did.  Thanks for the great suggestion.  I really like how this came out.  I'll use some beige cable so when they run down both sides of his neck it will look like a couple of tendons.

Jeff

tgkraus

Hi All, Great Info on this topic. I have just purchased a GYS 3 axis skull kit from Grave Yard Skulls. What efx controller would be best to run a 30-45 sec talking sequence with using a pir and strobelights control. The only controller I have used in the prop 1.
Tim 

chuckb0004

When using SX with VSA can SX trigger the VSA or is it the other way around or does the VSA just loop the show and feed the SX?

gmacted

Quote from: chuckb0004 on April 21, 2009, 01:50:38 PM
When using SX with VSA can SX trigger the VSA or is it the other way around or does the VSA just loop the show and feed the SX?

I'm not sure this the answer you wanted, but VSA can be triggered via a parrallel port on the PC.  This is done via VSA console (sold seperately from VSA).  There is a free program available called "Composeit" http://monkeybasic.com/ that will automate the playing of routines, provide up to 5 external triggers, etc.  The triggers are "active low", so the Prop-SX could provide the trigger, but a PIR could do the same thing.

chuckb0004

Thankyou that is just the info I was hoping to get. Prop on bro.

MonkeyBasic

Hi Guys,

I am the maker of ComposeIt (soon to be renamed), so if you have any questions. Just let me know.