May 20, 2024, 07:05:52 AM

News:

You can now use Vixen to program your Prop-1 and Prop-2 controllers!  Get started quickly and easily, without having to learn PBASIC.  Details in the Library forum.

Prop-1 Centralize control location

Started by scastro90023, June 08, 2007, 07:49:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scastro90023

Hi Group,

I'm new to the prop-1 controller. what I want to do is turn on and off the controller from a centrallzed location.that is not connected to a pc. For example if there is a emergency in my haunted house and I need to turn off the controller, afterwards turn it on can these be done?

Thanks.

JonnyMac

You could run an extension cord between the central location and the Prop-1 and plug its transformer into that; by "pulling the plug" on the central end you would disable the controller.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

scastro90023

Hi JonnyMac,

It doesn't matter if you have the switch on position 1 or 2. and pull the plug on the controller. when you re-connect the plug.
everthing should be fine? don't want to fry the controller when I re-connect the plug. do I need do anything else when I reconnect the plug. Just asking want to make sure.

JonnyMac

You don't need to do anything else.  When you power the Prop-1 back up it will go through your programmed reset sequence and sort out your outputs.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office