May 20, 2024, 11:24:50 AM

News:

You can now use Vixen to program your Prop-1 and Prop-2 controllers!  Get started quickly and easily, without having to learn PBASIC.  Details in the Library forum.

Making the Prop1 & PIR Mobile with Phone Connections!

Started by michilson, September 20, 2009, 09:09:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

michilson

Hi guy's I just finished finally the 3rd Prop-1 Install into my High Mobile design.

I came up with this idea with some help from scary- terry's PIR mounting solution. If any of you would like to see more pics or know more about this setup feel free to message me.

First off All my Parts have come from either Mc-MasterCard or Mouser Electronics both have great website.

In the Picture below you can see 3 different LED's RED, YELLOW, GREEN all of these are 12V LEDs so no current resistors are needed. If you are attempting this install please make sure you understand this as LED that are not 12V will be blown if the voltage is not addressed correctly.

These LED's serve an important function in my mobile design because as you can see I installed the Prop 1 into an enclosure to protect it.

The green LED indicates the unit has power I used the Ground output and the +V out on the Prop 1 unit for this light. This LED is installed into the cover of a 6-conductor phone cable box. This also ties into my mobile PIR setup explained further below.

The Yellow LED shows me the Status of the Program running on the Prop 1.
Blinking = Inactive
Solid = Active

And the Final LED's the Red lights are tied to all the Outputs I'm using between all of these LED's I know exactly what the controller is doing with a simple glance of the unit.

The PIR mobile setup is as Follows.
I use a 6 Conductor Phone cable (I have 3 units buying 100' of cable gives me about 35' per device. and Phone cable is capable of handling the 12v power to run the PIR and a LED. I used the RED, BLACK, AND White wires in the Phone cable to carry the PIR Wiring and the GREEN AND YELLOW wires to carry a 12V power feed. This 12V power is only used to show good connection in the picture below you will see a second Green LED on yet another 6 conductor Phone box. This shows me that my Connection Between the PIR and the Prop1 is good. Buying the Phone cable and a set of do it your self ends and a Phone cord Crimpier will add in making custom length cables. One suggestion though pay close attention to the Wire lineup with in the 6-pin plug. Searching Phone cord wiring should add in this.

That's it System is plug and play and easy to see what activity is being done.

Please ask any questions you have I will be more than happy to share design specs and help others who would be interested in this setup!

I also have to extend thanks to Scary-terry for the PIR mounting Idea
And Special Thanks to JOHN from EFX with assisting me with the Program codes.