May 20, 2024, 09:18:23 AM

News:

You can now use Vixen to program your Prop-1 and Prop-2 controllers!  Get started quickly and easily, without having to learn PBASIC.  Details in the Library forum.

Getting a longer Prop1 sequence out of vixen

Started by skipmcnoob@yahoo.com, August 29, 2011, 10:22:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skipmcnoob@yahoo.com

To program my prop1 I use vixen. I have however run into a bit of trouble by not being able to get more than about a 35sec show to fit onto my prop1. If any one knows how I can get a longer sequence onto my prop1 using vixen or even modifying the code the vixen spits out, I would be extremely grateful. thanks!

skipmcnoob@yahoo.com

Just did a little research and found the binary code:

EEPROM  (%00001111,  2)

can also be written as

EEPROM  (15,  2)

Could anyone tell me if that information is correct and if by doing so it will give me space for more code?

JonnyMac

The information is correct: %00001111 is the binary representation of [decimal] 15.  Numbering systems, used by the editor/compiler, are for humans.  Inside the machine numbers are always binary -- there is no space savings using one numbering system over another.

You can get a longer sequence by using longer event timing.  I often see people using 100ms when they never have the need for events that are that short.  Try 200 or 250 milliseconds; for many props this works well and will give you a longer sequence.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office