May 20, 2024, 07:16:46 AM

News:

Got VSA?  Want to use your Prop-SX?  Now you can!  See the VSA section of the Library forum for Prop-SX code that works with VSA.

Drop Prop code please help

Started by Natashead, October 08, 2015, 11:43:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackMan

You're welcome, glad to help. Jon's the Guru when it comes to writing code, what I know, I learned from him!

Natashead

After I attach the wire nut and the spider I am putting this inside a small Funkin and covering it with super stretch spider web to make it look like an egg sack then hanging it in the tree that the kids walk under to get to me for candy. The PIR will be on the outside of the sack somewhere. Thank you guys for the help.

JackMan

Using that PIR, you should insert this into the code just below "Initialization" and above "Reset". Those PIR's need a little time to calibrate before they're ready.

Warm_Up:
  PAUSE 30000  'PIR calibration

Also, they are very sensitive, you may want to choke down the field of view otherwise it will likely trigger way before your "victims" are under it.

JonnyMac

Please don't use PAUSE in that manner in a program that uses servos; the purpose of the Servo_Pause subroutine is to allow for long delays while maintaining the servos.  There is already a 10-second intershow delay; just change this to 30 seconds

delay = 30000                                 ' warm-up/inter-show delay
  GOSUB Servo_Pause
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

Natashead

Natashead

Instead of using a PIR is it possible to hook this remote control up to the Prop1 to activate it, if so could someone tell me how to hook it up? Here is a link to the exact remote controller I have.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/131484833508?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

JonnyMac

Connect the relay power inputs to V+ and GND on the Prop-1 (power).

You'll need a 14" WRB cable that you can hack. Cut off one end, then connect the red wire to the relay NC terminal, and the white wire to the NO terminal. When the relay closes (based on the remote signal) you will get a start.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

Natashead

Does the 14" WRB cable plug into P6 from the NC & NO connection?

JonnyMac

If you used my code, yes; P6 is the trigger input.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

JackMan

I think you're gonna want to use the COM and NO on that relay.

JonnyMac

Jack is correct -- I missed that:

Red wire to COM (common)
White wire to NO (normally open)
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

Natashead

Yes it is red wire to COM and I also put the delay to delay = 00000 and had to put the jumper on the relay to inching, now it is working every time I press the remote button and right when I press it  :) Thank You guys so much.

Natashead

One more thing guys...if I wanted to run this on 8 AA batteries to go completly wireless, where would I plug the red and black wires from the battery housing to the Prop1?

JonnyMac

To the V+ (positive) and GND (negative) terminal blocks -- you also need to set the power switch to position 2 for it to operate.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

Natashead