May 20, 2024, 07:06:32 AM

News:

Be sure to checkout our Vixen interfaces in the Library forum -- if you want PC automation at near zero cost, EFX-TEK and Vixen is a great combination of tools.

Industrial use of Prop-1

Started by JackMan, November 07, 2015, 09:11:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackMan

I know with the proper code the Prop-1 is pretty bullet proof. I'm thinking about using one for controlling my ejector pump due to the standard pressure switch going bad almost on a yearly basis. Just wondering if a Prop-1 can be reliable when in use 24-7-365.

livinlowe

Just judging by all the customer applications I've seen on parallax's website over the years, I'm going to have to say "Hell Yeah!!"
Shawn
Scaring someone with a prop you built -- priceless!

bsnut

Jack,

I would agree. I used the Prop-1 to control which batteries are to be charged by my Solar Charger controllers for a old Coast Guard ship that I was restoring. The project is posted in the "Completed Projects" section
William Stefan
The Basic Stamp Nut

JonnyMac

We have lots of industrial customers. I recently wrote some code for a company in the Carolinas that uses the Prop-1 to control a skimmer at the bottom of a paint station. On their own they replaced the door controller to their shop with a Prop-1. JB has been very good about ensuring that all components on the Prop-1, especially as of the latest revision, are all industrial grade (most of them had been for a long time).
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

JackMan

Sounds good, I'll go ahead with this project. Thanks!