May 20, 2024, 02:42:14 PM

News:

You can now use Vixen to program your Prop-1 and Prop-2 controllers!  Get started quickly and easily, without having to learn PBASIC.  Details in the Library forum.

Prop-1 stock

Started by JackMan, May 03, 2016, 10:50:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackMan

Are Prop-1's out of stock right now?

JonnyMac

Yes. We got a HUGE run of orders from OEMs after Transworld -- the Escape Room industry discovered EFX-TEK in a big way. We also had to make a small design change as the DIP ULN2803 has gone EOL. We have replaced that will an SMD and put a fuse in the ground leg of the ULN to protect the chip. This design also allows for a fault indicator LED.

As ever, we encourage everyone to be careful with wiring, even when an output chip can be changed. This is especially important now that we have to solder the ULNs onto the Prop-1 and Prop-2.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

JackMan

Any idea when they'll be available?

JonnyMac

John ordered boards today so we can do an in-house build; if all goes as well as we intend we'll have a few to sell, and will to a big order from our normal CM with the new PCB.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

bsnut

Quote from: JonnyMac on May 03, 2016, 01:58:21 PM
We also had to make a small design change as the DIP ULN2803 has gone EOL. We have replaced that will an SMD and put a fuse in the ground leg of the ULN to protect the chip. This design also allows for a fault indicator LED.

As ever, we encourage everyone to be careful with wiring, even when an output chip can be changed. This is especially important now that we have to solder the ULNs onto the Prop-1 and Prop-2.
So, Jon what about the serial interference that was caused by the ULNs input pin is their some a work around for this?
William Stefan
The Basic Stamp Nut

JackMan

A jumper would be nice for disconnecting pin7.

bsnut

Quote from: JackMan on May 04, 2016, 07:12:40 AM
A jumper would be nice for disconnecting pin7.
That would be nice, since its the only way around this problem caused by the old ULN setup.

I'm just wondering if the new redesigned Prop-1 would take this in account, by using the setup jumpers differently as a means for disconnecting Pin7 from the ULN pin.
William Stefan
The Basic Stamp Nut

JackMan

I think it would have to be a separate jumper since the setup jumpers are just a pull-up or pull-down, it doesn't disconnect the ULN from the processor.

JonnyMac

There are pre-connected solder jumpers that can be used to disconnection P7 and P6 from the input of the ULN. The up-side of this arrangement is that they ULN outputs on P6 and P7 can be restored with a bit of solder.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

hover1

Quote from: JonnyMac on May 03, 2016, 01:58:21 PM
as the DIP ULN2803 has gone EOL.

I show Mouser has 4,200 in stock and 9000 on order:

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/STMicroelectronics/ULN2803A/?qs=FOlmdCx%252bAA1lVc%2FYEXA4pg%3D%3D

JonnyMac

The Prop-1 is built for us by an off-shore CM(this is how we keep the cost so low), and the primary ULN vendor contacted JB telling use the ULN is going EOL. We have been caught out by EOL announcements in that past and with the importance of the Prop-1 and Prop-2 to the growing escape rooms business, we don't want to go through that again.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

The Pod

Any estimated date as to when the Prop-1's will be available again?

JonnyMac

They are in production now. As soon as we have them from the CM (we have to produced them in very large batches to keep the cost low) we will test and get them in the store.

Thanks for being patient with us.

Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

ZombiEd

Any update on stock?  I'm getting nervous about having a controller for my Casa Fear Zombie. 

JonnyMac

500 units will be arriving shortly; we will test and get into the only store as quickly as we can.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office