May 20, 2024, 10:25:13 AM

News:

Got VSA?  Want to use your Prop-SX?  Now you can!  See the VSA section of the Library forum for Prop-SX code that works with VSA.

Prop-1 Triggered by Handheld

Started by Corey, May 18, 2007, 07:00:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corey

Hello All,
  It's been awhile since I have been here, good to see things still going well.  My questions concerning interfacing this handheld trigger -
http://www.frightprops.com/frightprops/props/Product.asp?ID=0426 - to a Prop-1.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
-Corey

clinefx1

May 18, 2007, 08:33:41 PM #1 Last Edit: May 18, 2007, 08:37:11 PM by clinefx1
That button is cool.  It's not worth $25. You can easily make your own.  I've been using this 4ch remote lately.  It gives me 4 contact closures that can be momentary or latched.  You can trigger 4 different props or 4 different routines in one prop, if you program it that way. Range is ok about 150' on a good day.  http://store.qkits.com/moreinfo.cfm/QK180V3

Chris

livinlowe

Well, let me see if I can help! If you don't have the documentation for the Prop-1 yet, you can find it on the EFx website. Towards the end it talks about a police bar simulation program. Just above that, it shows how to connect a switch to the board. I am not sure what gauge wire is on this hand switch, but I bet you can still crimp the wires inside the connectors the documentation talks about. The connectors also make your hookups look pretty professional!

Hope this helps-
Shawn
Shawn
Scaring someone with a prop you built -- priceless!

Corey

Thx for the great link Chris.  I agree that $25 surprised me.  I mean it is 15' of cord, but still ...

So I guess what I should do is use a servo connector, cut the third wire (or leave it un-attached)  and just wire the trigger to the servo connection.  This was my orginal plan, just wanted to ask the experts first :)

I think I may, in the future, go ahead with the wireless, but for now I'll try this.

Thanks Chris and Shawn!
-Corey