May 11, 2024, 02:45:13 PM

News:

You can now use Vixen to program your Prop-1 and Prop-2 controllers!  Get started quickly and easily, without having to learn PBASIC.  Details in the Library forum.

dead or alive prop?

Started by zombieman, November 11, 2009, 09:51:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zombieman

I am trying to make the effect of someone being burried alive in a coffen trying to get out the coffen is closed of course and I want sounds playing and the coffen to be kicked and beat on like someone is inside. what all do I need to make this happen?

Thanks for the input.

BigRez

There are many different techniques to do this....

A Prop-1 and sound card with speakers could control everything.  Have a look at the audio section for some of the different sound card options options.

Pneumatic or electric?  Your choice really.  Sounds like you could do it with a single motor for scratching noise and/or another motor or electromagnet for the kicking action. Motors could be activated using relays connected to the prop-1.  Of course, you could use a pneumatic cylinder to do the kicking action, but then would need a selenoid valve and stored air (compressor or tank.)

Trigger?  Will it run constantly or be triggered by some event?  If triggered by an event, then a PIR or mat switch would work well depending on the environment.