May 03, 2024, 02:04:05 PM

News:

Be sure to checkout our Vixen interfaces in the Library forum -- if you want PC automation at near zero cost, EFX-TEK and Vixen is a great combination of tools.

Forum Guidelines -- Please Read and Follow

Started by JonnyMac, September 16, 2007, 01:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JonnyMac

September 16, 2007, 01:40:45 PM Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 08:26:23 AM by JonnyMac
We maintain these forums to provide you with the help you need, when you need it.  We're not too rules based, but do ask that you use the following guidelines if you elect to post in EFX-TEK forums.  Please keep in mind that posting is a privilege and we've only ever had to revoke that from one person -- we'd kind of like to keep it that way.

Most of this is common sense.

1. Post your question in the appropriate forum (e.g., Prop-1, Prop-2, Audio, etc.)
   -- if you're not sure, spend a bit of time looking at other posts then see where yours fits best
    -- do not start multiple threads for the same project unless you change product type (post new thread in appropriate forum)

2. One topic per thread, please, and give your post an appropriate Subject line so that it can be searched.
   -- part of the beauty of these forums is finding the answer to your question before you have to ask it
   -- multi-topic posts are exhausting to read and answer
   -- you are not considered a topic; your prop or program is -- if things change, start a new thread

3. Don't ask questions or make comments about products not manufactured or sold by EFX-TEK.
   -- interfacing questions are okay, but only if you're connecting to one of our products
   -- suggestions that will help others are okay (unless you're trashing-talking EFX-TEK); post them in the Miscellany forum

4. Please don't waste space with "Thanks.", "That's cool!", "Sorry, dude." or similar posts that do not contribute to the discussion.

5. No adult humor or innuendo, please; we have lots of young customers -- keep your posts G-rated and save the jokes for parties.

6. SHOUTING (use of ALL CAPS, especially followed by !) will not be tolerated; we have a zero-tolerance policy on this.
   -- Honey attracts more flies than vinegar; be nice and others will come to your rescue.

7. Please don't refer to yourself as a "newbie" -- you're simply an expert of lesser experience (and we don't care if you're new, anyway, we help everybody).

8. If you ask for a custom program, please provide more details that you think necessary, and by all means give us a name to call it.

9. Do not ask us to chase external links that may be a part of systems we don't participate in (specifically, Yahoo Groups).  If the information is available to anyone then we don't want to fool with it -- there is precious little time.

10. Please do not ask us to reverse-engineer the work done be another prop builder.  If you can't specify what the program is to do then we're not able to code it.

11. Be mindful that these forums are for all EFX-TEK forum members; asking Jon or John to do something for you is impolite to all the others (more than 500) that participate.  Post your request and let whomever can and is willing to answer it do so.

12. Be patient.  Sometimes we're all busy and cannot stop what we're doing to help you this instant.  If you take a bit of time to search the forums you will probably find an answer, there is a lot of good -- yet unexplored -- information here.

Most of you know me (JonnyMac) and that I'm easy going, will help you after hours and on weekends, etc., so... don't make me lock a thread because it violates one of the guidelines above.  I I warn a user about violating guidelines and they do it again they will be remanded to "view only" (no posting) status.  Please don't make me do that....

Thanks.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office