May 04, 2024, 03:56:51 PM

News:

You can now use Vixen to program your Prop-1 and Prop-2 controllers!  Get started quickly and easily, without having to learn PBASIC.  Details in the Library forum.

Question about EZ-8

Started by youngti, October 10, 2012, 11:46:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

youngti

Okay so EZ-8 = 8 channels.

I am wondering if it has the capability to do this.  I have two skulls that greet/challenge the TOT's.  One talks then the other responds and so on back and forth.  Show length is about a minute or so.  Currently it is run via VSA with a pressure mat.  Each skull has 4 servos and two LED eyes, and there is sound.  I have a new beam break trigger from Frightprops that I would like to use instead of the pressure mat.

So as I see it I have 8 servos,  two sets of LED's and the AP-16, that is eleven channels.  If I use only the node,swivel, and Jaw and combine the two sets of LED's then add the AP-16 that should be 8 channels (3 Servos + 3 servos + 1 LED + 1 AP-16=8)

My question is after reading the posts that the EZ-8 has the Vixen capabilities to upload/download the show, but can you control Servos this way?  I am wondering because I was going to purchase another HC-8+ but they are still out of stock and it's getting close to the 31st.  So if the EZ-8 can do this then buying it would make sense.

bsnut

October 10, 2012, 03:14:16 PM #1 Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 03:17:30 PM by bsnut
QuoteOkay so EZ-8 = 8 channels.
That's correct
QuoteMy question is after reading the posts that the EZ-8 has the Vixen capabilities to upload/download the show, but can you control Servos this way?
I don't think you could control servos with the EZ-8, I never tried. Remember the vixen program that you write is loaded as binary data just like VSA, meaning that if one servo isn't doing anything that servo may twitch since, servos need to be refreshed every 20ms.
William Stefan
The Basic Stamp Nut