May 11, 2024, 11:08:07 PM

News:

You can now use Vixen to program your Prop-1 and Prop-2 controllers!  Get started quickly and easily, without having to learn PBASIC.  Details in the Library forum.

Need help with prop1 and vmusic2

Started by tugman, April 09, 2009, 04:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tugman

Yes Jon, yahoo, that did work! 
So, I copied the shorter names of the song files and put them in the code for the button play unit and it works too!  It's perfect, thank you sooo much for your continued support and helping me see this thing through.

Now, can you explain to me these shorter file names- what does the,   ~1  , do.    In case I want to change the play files?
EEPROM $00, ("poptoo~1")                      ' theMP3 = 0
  EEPROM $08, ("shrtso~1")                      ' theMP3 = 1
  EEPROM $10, ("foghor~1")
  EEPROM $18, ("lngson~1")
  EEPROM $20, ("poplau~1")
  EEPROM $28, ("blomed~1")
  EEPROM $30, ("shiver~1")
  EEPROM $38, ("ahoymp~1")

Thanks again, Tugman

JonnyMac

Yahoo, indeed!

Your files actually have long names but in the DOS world they're not supported so these odd names with the ~1 endings are the way to get around that.  The VMUSIC uses standard 8.3 naming so you could rename your files to match that; an 8-character (no more or else the tilde will come back) name and a 3-character extension ("mp3").
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

BigRez

I built this device a while back just for fun and to understand how the diodes came into play.  Didn't have a need for it but left it sitting on my desk for a while.  I'm using the uMP3 for one of my other props and realized you can get the same effect here using only the eight buttons and the uMP3.

The uMP3 has a 8-pin switch mode that can be used to play eight different sound files.  So, you could take those eight buttons, wire each to ground (pin9) and to one of the pins 1-8. Supply 5v to pin 9 and you're good to go.  No need for the prop-1 nor the programming.

tugman

Quote from: bigrez on October 15, 2009, 09:47:10 AM
I built this device a while back just for fun and to understand how the diodes came into play.  Didn't have a need for it but left it sitting on my desk for a while.  I'm using the uMP3 for one of my other props and realized you can get the same effect here using only the eight buttons and the uMP3.

The uMP3 has a 8-pin switch mode that can be used to play eight different sound files.  So, you could take those eight buttons, wire each to ground (pin9) and to one of the pins 1-8. Supply 5v to pin 9 and you're good to go.  No need for the prop-1 nor the programming.

Good to know, thanks