May 03, 2024, 02:51:45 PM

News:

Be sure to checkout our Vixen interfaces in the Library forum -- if you want PC automation at near zero cost, EFX-TEK and Vixen is a great combination of tools.

EZ-8 question

Started by Loud Bangs, June 14, 2009, 07:01:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loud Bangs

I consult for a small theme park and talked them into an EZ-8 to place in their haunted house.  The trigger will be a PIR.  My question is, will the EZ-8 finish the program or will it restart with each trigger from the PIR?
I have others groups interested in this.  I think it will be a HUGE hit.   Thanks.

JonnyMac

It will finish the program before re-scanning any of the inputs.  If you want a post-program re-trigger delay just record blank space (no channels active) at the end of the normal output events.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

Loud Bangs

What about a "fly back" diode.  I see you don't use them on coils or on relays.  The 2803 handles this without any problems?  As for the operation of the EZ-8 it has been flawless for a week now running 8 to 10 hours a day at a small theme park here in the pacific northwest.  The owners like it and I'm sure we will be getting more from you soon.
WHAT A GREAT PRODUCT !!

JonnyMac

If you look at the ULN2803 docs you'll see that each output has a built-in flyback diode; the cathode of each diode is connected to the ULN COM pin which is V+ on the board.  As long as you're using V+ to power your valves/relays then the diode is in play.  If you decide to use an external power supply (not normally recommended) then you would need to add external diodes.

Thanks for the feedback; we're thrilled to hear that it is working so well for you.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office