May 03, 2024, 07:03:06 PM

News:

Got VSA?  Want to use your Prop-SX?  Now you can!  See the VSA section of the Library forum for Prop-SX code that works with VSA.

Question about Watts

Started by TheHugineter, August 10, 2009, 03:15:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheHugineter

August 10, 2009, 03:15:54 AM Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 03:17:25 AM by TheHugineter
Hello everyone!

I've got a little, but important question about the EZ-8 Touch Controller.
I want to connect a spot light to a channel, what kind of a spot light can i use...
What is the MAXimally Watt from each channel?
I hoop anybody answer soon!

Greets: Hugo

PS: I don't got the EZ-8 Controller   :( , but when i got money, ill buy it  ;D!
Hello World XD!

JonnyMac

Like our other controllers the EZ-8 uses the ULN2803 to switch the output; the recommended max wattage per channel is 3w.  If you need to switch a higher-wattage device then you'll need a relay between the EZ-8 and the device.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

TheHugineter

Quote from: JonnyMac on August 10, 2009, 08:20:42 AM
If you need to switch a higher-wattage device then you'll need a relay between the EZ-8 and the device.
Can you reccomed me one?
Hello World XD!

JonnyMac

Relays are easy to come by -- you just need one with a 3w coil.  Specify the contacts per your requirements.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

TheHugineter

Quote from: JonnyMac on August 11, 2009, 06:23:24 AM
Relays are easy to come by -- you just need one with a 3w coil.  Specify the contacts per your requirements.
I think i need some relays.
But its the first time i gotta work with it.
i don't now were i can buy the best, cheapest, and simplest.
Hello World XD!

gadget-evilusions

There are a ton of websites that you can order inexpensive relays from. If you just want to go down to the local radioshack because you only need one or two, I use these sometimes. http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2049722
Brian
Evilusions LLC
www.evilusions.com for all your pneumatic components

JonnyMac

Hugo is a youngster that lives in Holland -- not sure he can run down to the local RadioShack.

Hugo: Check with a company in called Antratek; they carry our products and may be able to assist you with the other items.
-- www.antratek.com
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

TheHugineter

Quote from: JonnyMac on August 12, 2009, 06:22:56 AM
Hugo: Check with a company in called Antratek; they carry our products and may be able to assist you with the other items.
-- www.antratek.com
How do you need to connect anything??
I know i'm a noob but i really want to learn  :-\
Hello World XD!

JonnyMac

Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

TheHugineter

Hello World XD!

JonnyMac

A relay and a valve are the same thing to the EZ-8, a coil.  The "output" side of the relay will have contacts that you connect your light circuit to.  PLEASE, I'm begging you, contact our friends at Antratek and ask them about a good electrical/electronics primer in Dutch -- there are some things that one has to bring to the table when using prop controllers from any company.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office