May 18, 2024, 04:33:21 AM

News:

Be sure to checkout our Vixen interfaces in the Library forum -- if you want PC automation at near zero cost, EFX-TEK and Vixen is a great combination of tools.

I love the EZ-8.

Started by gadget-evilusions, March 31, 2009, 01:30:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gadget-evilusions

The EZ-8 is an amazing piece of hardware. I was able to get a hold of one at the Transworld haunt and attractions show this weekend in St. Louis. I have been experimenting non-stop since. I was able to program an entire 8 function animatronic, in a total of about 60 seconds. The multiple trigger inputs are great and work beautifully.

As soon as they are able to be ordered I want to encourage everyone to buy. You will not be dissapointed in any way!
Brian
Evilusions LLC
www.evilusions.com for all your pneumatic components

JonnyMac

We'll probably open up the store for orders next week with shipping expected about the 24th of April.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

Meyers Madness

John, great job on the EZ-8. This will make it a lot easier to program a prop. Thanks!
Meyers Madness

Wayne Nero

Just wondering what other products work with the EZ-8. i.e. the AP-8 Audio Player?

Looks like a great product, I am gonna have to try it out!

Thanks

Wayne

JonnyMac

You can use the AP-8 with the EZ-8, you just have to connect one of the outputs (we suggest Ch8) to the "P" input of the AP-8.  A short blip on the output will star the segment that is selected by the DIP switch.

If you need to run a 120 VAC output you can connect the TTL output of the EZ-8 to on of the X input headers of the RC-4; when the EZ-8 channel is on the relay will be on.

Of course, there is a PIR header so starting the EZ-8 with a PIR is easy, and the firmware includes debouncing to mitigate "false positives" from PIRs (which can be twitchy).
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

Wayne Nero

Thanks!

Is it possible to run multiple AP-8 units with the ez8?

gadget-evilusions

You could run 8 Ap-8's by hooking up the outputs of the EZ-8 to the Play inputs of the AP-8's such as shown in this thread, http://www.efx-tek.com/php/smf/index.php?topic=1036.0
Brian
Evilusions LLC
www.evilusions.com for all your pneumatic components

Wayne Nero

I guess I was wondering about JonnyMac's comment about channel 8... I thought maybe only one channel was available for sound module. But I am limited to 8 channels of what ever right?

Wayne

JonnyMac

Exactly.  If you have multiple audio players you'll want to assign them their own channels; I was suggesting #8 as a default as it's out of the way of standard outputs.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

Wayne Nero

how is this unit with low voltage 24 volts. (I have some valves that require 24v) does the board support that?
I noticed you have modules for 110v which I think is great.

JonnyMac

All of our control products will work fine from about 7.5 to 24 volts (at 30v the regulator will shut down to protect itself).  Be aware the regulator might get a bit warm at 24v but this is not a problem.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

JonnyMac

The EZ-8 comes with a heat-sink installed on the regulator.

Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

EricTheMannn

Sorry for the misleading advice, i over looked the fact that it did have a heat sink. D'oh

-Eric
WooHoo

Wayne Nero

OK. So the power supply that came with the unit is 12v thus the output across all post is 12v. change the power supply to 24v will give 24volt across all post. up to 30volts. right?

Thanks for your help.

P.S. the EZ-8 is the most EZ thing to program I have ever had my hands on (FYI - I am a sound tech in a theater) way cool! Please PM me when you have the new audio module ready and I will order another EZ8 as well.

Wicked good job!

Wayne

JonnyMac

Yes, whatever you put into the power input socket (9 to 24vdc) will be available on the V+ terminal for outputs.

We don't send PMs on product announcements but you can be sure that we'll have news posted here and on our web site whenever we have anything new.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office