May 17, 2024, 11:40:25 PM

News:

You can now use Vixen to program your Prop-1 and Prop-2 controllers!  Get started quickly and easily, without having to learn PBASIC.  Details in the Library forum.

EZ-8 and Pneumatic Zombie

Started by uncle, May 01, 2009, 12:53:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

uncle

Great little controller! 

I was just playing around with mine last night and did this short, not yet refined program:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oOzF6r4IfM

vista

I saw your demo (No 1 & 2) just the other day but now that you say it was done on a EZ-8 maybe I'll look harder at the 8. I haven't looked at the docs yet but I saw that the 8 has a PIR plugin (I believe) so I assume you wouldn't have to activate this manually like you did in the video. Also what was the extended length of the pneumatics? 2" or 3"???

I think I'll order my EZ-8 now and start playing...

Thanks for the great inspiration...

www.vistaphotos.net

quote author=uncle link=topic=1059.msg5904#msg5904 date=1241204021]
Great little controller! 

I was just playing around with mine last night and did this short, not yet refined program:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oOzF6r4IfM
[/quote]

uncle

The video showed what I did with my EZ-8 and only 30 seconds of programming.  It really is very easy.  The only difficulty would be that each "arm" is programmed separately, so if you want some specific movement sequence that becomes problematic. 

I have heard that the new Vixen programming will solve this problem, but I don't believe that the newest Vixen is out yet.

Oh, and the cylinders had a 2" throw.

JonnyMac

We really did try to put "easy" into the EZ-8, so it does in fact have a [Parallax-compatible] PIR header.  Here's what a setup with a PIR and a couple valves would look like:

Vixen 2.5 (not out yet, but I have it) does make programming very precise sequences into the EZ-8 very... easy!  I'll check with KC to see what the release status is.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

EricTheMannn

I cant wait for the new vixen 2.5 release! Vixen being able to control the props in real time would be a fantastic advantage.
you could have more then one prop on this thing and still have a lot of power behind it.

-Eric
WooHoo

JonnyMac

And while the program is operating you get full stereo sound.  I'm not sure what KC's intentions are, but it will be really cool when Vixen can handle multi-channel (e.g., 5.1) audio.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

vista

We'll keep our eyes open for the 2.5 release. I want to speed up my process.