May 18, 2024, 04:41:28 AM

News:

You can now use Vixen to program your Prop-1 and Prop-2 controllers!  Get started quickly and easily, without having to learn PBASIC.  Details in the Library forum.

troubleshooting ez-8

Started by mcfarly, September 26, 2009, 07:51:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcfarly

I have an ez-8 that was working fine a week ago. I put it into a project box with standoffs, and now it doesn't want to do anything.

I have taken it out of the project box, plugged a 12vdc 1000ma wall wart (same one that was making it work fine last week and the other times I tried it) and flipped the switch to the 1 or 2 positions. Only the red power light comes on. I cannot erase my old program (that should have still been in there), I can not get it to play, and I can not get it to record a program. it just seems to be stuck.

Is there a way to clear it, update firmware, or anything that may help me out?

thanks!
Kyle

JonnyMac

If you have an SX-Key you can reprogram it but as this is the first reported problem we'd like to have it back for examination.  Call our sales office (916-770-9244) on Monday morning with details so we can issue an RMA.

If you're not able to clear the memory by holding the START and RECORD buttons on power up then something has gone wrong.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office