May 18, 2024, 01:05:03 AM

News:

Got VSA?  Want to use your Prop-SX?  Now you can!  See the VSA section of the Library forum for Prop-SX code that works with VSA.

EZ-8 & AP-8 piggyback power, no workie workie

Started by TheHauntStore, October 21, 2009, 11:15:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheHauntStore

Jon,
hooked up the ez-8 & the ap-8 like your diagam.
Plus with the piggy back power to the ap8.
The ez8 seems to not run when the ap8 is hooked up and turned on. I haven't tried it with out the piggy back power and using a seperate power adaptor.
Wanted to see of you might know what the issue might be.

Makes a similar "on" routine when ever triggered three or four blinks then off.

Power on the ez8, press start runs routine.
Turn on power to the ap8 press start on the Ez8 and it clicks through the first couple of seconds in the routine then stops.
Turn off ap8 and ez8 works fine.
Any ideas?
The Haunt Store(TM)
"Free Screams With Every Order, Upon Request"

gadget-evilusions

Do you have a picture of your wiring? I ran an EZ-8 and AP-8 combo on my Plant Monster at Hauntcon and it worked fine.
Brian
Evilusions LLC
www.evilusions.com for all your pneumatic components

JonnyMac

October 22, 2009, 08:26:57 AM #2 Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 08:31:21 AM by JonnyMac
If you're piggy-backing power from the EZ-8 to the AP-8 you need to use the GND and one of the V+ terminals.  Now... before you plug the piggyback cord into the AP-8 you really need to verify that you have it setup for center positive.  Some cables but the stripe on the positive lead, others on the negative -- you need to check this with a meter or things can go tragically wrong.

Once power is confirmed you can connect one of the ChX terminals on the EZ-8 to the "P" header (W lead) of the AP-8.

Update: I just looked at the video sent me -- I'm pretty certain it's a power-related issue.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

TheHauntStore

The amps on the power supply were to low with four additional solenoids attached.
So got a higher Amp'd Wall wart, works much better now.

Thanks Guys,
JAy
The Haunt Store(TM)
"Free Screams With Every Order, Upon Request"

JonnyMac

If your power supply doesn't have enough power for the loads applied it can "brown out" which means it sags below it's nominal output voltage.  Our controllers have a reset circuit that will cold-start the processor should the voltage sag too low -- I think that's what you were seeing; when the AP-8 kicked in and started drawin more power the supply sagged and the EZ-8 reset itself.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office