May 08, 2024, 07:23:45 PM

News:

Be sure to checkout our Vixen interfaces in the Library forum -- if you want PC automation at near zero cost, EFX-TEK and Vixen is a great combination of tools.

Wondering how everybody is supplying sound

Started by vista, September 05, 2010, 09:43:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vista

I have a real simple set up with a carp 200 running a servo in a skull. I would like this totally hands off and I assume that if I take some of the code from the other program that are shown here I can get the PIR to start the process. What I'm wondering though is how everyone is supplying sound for thier carp 200's? Right now I have my phone supplying sound but I would like an AC option (no batteries) so it can be left on all day (this is a pay for haunt so we can't have to be changing batteries.

I just can't get me head around getting the sound to play on command. I could just go with a carp 300 ( I also have one of those which had the sound on board) but I' have three 200s that I would like to use in some fashion to get my money out of them...

I would love to hear back from a few folks on how they are hooking these up.

Or am I trying to do too much with a board that is best used for something else.. If so how are you using them..

Also I've noticed that with this board I have to adjust volume/sensitivity often... is it me or is anyone else having the same issue

Jeff

JonnyMac

Let's make sure that questions posted here have to do with EFX-TEK, and not with another vendor.  In this post I don't see anything having to do with us....

Please, use the other vendor's forum for questions that are not specifically related to EFX-TEK.  Thanks for understanding.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

vista

sorry Jon since we were blending the functions of different devices I figured it was ok... I didn't know Cow had a forum.. I'll take a look... There always such good answers over here so that I usually don't have to go anywhere else...

Jeff

JonnyMac

And therein lies the problem -- we cannot become a gerernal support forum for everyone else.  Of course, we'll get you connected to the other products, but when it comes to their specific features and operation, that is off limit here.  I'm sure Carl prefers to do his own support, just as we prefer that questions having to do with Prop-1, Prop-2, and Prop-SX programming are posted here instead of other forums.

Thanks for understanding.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office