May 05, 2024, 10:44:14 PM

News:

You can now use Vixen to program your Prop-1 and Prop-2 controllers!  Get started quickly and easily, without having to learn PBASIC.  Details in the Library forum.

I need a program

Started by confused, October 03, 2007, 09:58:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JonnyMac

I can promise you that the program is working correctly -- I just ran it again and all four outputs get activated in the cycle, and two different sounds play from the AP-8.  Double-check your connections.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

confused

what connections the only thing pluged in is the trainer

JonnyMac

That explains it; the program is waiting for the AP-8 to say that it's done.  Since you don't have an AP-8 connected, the program is hanging (in the Let_Sound_Finish section) after attempting to play the first sound.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

confused

confused

how can I test this program using the prop trainer

JonnyMac

You can temporarily disable two lines of code in the Let_Sound_Finish subroutine - note the apostrophes at the beginning of two lines, starting with SERIN:

Let_Sound_Finish:
  PAUSE 100
  SEROUT Sio, Baud, ("!AP8", %00, "G")          ' get status
  'SERIN  Sio, Baud, status
  'IF playing = Yes THEN Let_Sound_Finish

RETURN
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

confused

alright now that works

thank you

I hate to tell you this but I have not even started on the ap8 yet

right now I 'm looking at it and the documentation and I can't tell how to plug it in so I hope your ready for another round of stupid questions after the football game thanks again

JonnyMac

We're here to help -- so ask away.  That said, we do appreciate when our customers actually read the documentation because it tends to support the answers and information we provide here in the forums.  The AP-8 is one of our more sophisticated products and it might take a few minutes for things to sink in, but once they do you'll find it can be a whole lot of fun.

One thing: If you start asking questions specific to the AP-8, start a new thread; this thread has run its course.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office