May 19, 2024, 01:54:03 AM

News:

Be sure to checkout our Vixen interfaces in the Library forum -- if you want PC automation at near zero cost, EFX-TEK and Vixen is a great combination of tools.

Proto PCB Advice

Started by wseay, April 15, 2009, 02:39:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wseay

Howdy Jon:

I plan on using the Proto PCB to use to control a H-Bridge chip.  Do you have any links or 'Best Practice' advice on how to interconnect the pads on the Proto PCB?  I am trying to figure out how to best create the solder bridges between pads.

Thanks...

JonnyMac

I don't recommend using solder for wire -- what you can do is run #24 solid (hookup) wire between points; tack down the ends first and then where needed to keep in in place.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

wseay

Thanks Jon.

Do you just lay the hookup wire between pads?  Do you have any pics of a board with hookups? 

JonnyMac

I tack down one end, tack down the other, then lay in solder along the route (sometimes I don't bother with the solder).  Turning a corner can be done by bending the wire and tacking it to another pad.

Sorry, I typically do point-to-point with wire-wrap wire so I don't have any photos that will be helpful.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

wseay

Thanks Jon for all of your advice.  I would have to say that EFX-TEK has the best customer service I have ever experienced!

Walter...