May 18, 2024, 11:32:01 PM

News:

You can now use Vixen to program your Prop-1 and Prop-2 controllers!  Get started quickly and easily, without having to learn PBASIC.  Details in the Library forum.

FC-4 in Series with RC-4

Started by zpenow, May 10, 2009, 08:56:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zpenow

I would like to smoothly fade incandescent lights up and down and randomly turn the light off and on during the fade. I believe that I could do this completely on the FC-4 by starting a fade and then stopping the fade by setting the output to 0 for a time and then after some period of time restart the fade where it left off. I think I could use a counter based on time, maybe one count per millisecond and keep, everything in sync. However I think it would be easier to create the effect I am looking for by connecting one channel of the FC-4 to one channel on the RC-4. This way I could start a fade with the FC-4 and then randomly turn the light totally off and on using the RC-4. So if I hook things up this way will I destroy a channel on my FC-4 or blow out one of the RC-4 relays?

John

JonnyMac

Do not, under any circumstances, connect the output of the FC-4 to any part of the RC-4; to do so will probably cause a lot blue smoke and possibly an electrical fire.

You didn't say what controller you want to use; I would suggest a Prop-2 or Prop-SX so you can use the fast baud rate; this will allow better timing control of the manual fades.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office