May 18, 2024, 10:15:53 PM

News:

Got VSA?  Want to use your Prop-SX?  Now you can!  See the VSA section of the Library forum for Prop-SX code that works with VSA.

Availability of other Parallax sensors such as PING))) Ultrasonic Sensor

Started by leving, May 28, 2010, 01:18:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leving

I wanted to be able to activate my newest prop based on how close the guest was to it.  The PIR is good for sensing their presence but not how far away they are.  I am working on a MITB and want the box to growl and glow to get their attentions from a distance.  When they get close to the box It should come to life with sound, fog, lights and pneumatic movement.  I found the ping sensor out there and was wondering if you were going to be offering it?  Oh and I wait with baited breath for the AP-16+.  If you will have them at Midwest Hauntcon I can get the Evil Fire Lizard guys to pick one up for me.
Everyone will be happy.
Even if they must be held down kicking and screaming until they are.

JonnyMac

We don't carry the Ping))) sensor -- you can get that from our friends at Parallax, or at your local RadioShack.

Keep in mind that Ping sensors are not great at detecting distance of a person until they get close -- which may work for you.  The trouble is that we humans, especially in clothing, are not great reflectors of the ultrasonic pulse. 

The AP-16s are coming -- we had a delay in our production order which we are sorting out now.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

JackMan

leving,
    An easy setup for your MIB would be a PIR to get things started and draw in your victims, then a simple mat switch to finish them off.  ;D