May 18, 2024, 05:40:53 PM

News:

You can now use Vixen to program your Prop-1 and Prop-2 controllers!  Get started quickly and easily, without having to learn PBASIC.  Details in the Library forum.

Parallax Memory Stick Data Logger for Routine Storage?

Started by randyaz, July 29, 2007, 03:33:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

randyaz

Parallax Datalogger looks like it will do host file read and write. Could this enable the Prop1/2 with large routines and tables? Enhance randomization?

...just brainstorming

JonnyMac

I don't know of any way to off-load code to another device, but you could certainly put a lot of tables on a device like that, and by naming them your program could open and use them at will.  How about posting a demo, Randy?   ;D  (I don't have one of those [yet]; if I get one I'll try it myself).
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

randyaz

Hey...I wuz asking you man... ;D 

I havent used tables in any of my projects. But I have seen many posts on Prop1 projects that use tables and alot of folks who run out of memory space. I dont have a datalogger either. I was just looking at the specs and it occured to me that it may be a good resourse.

...besides, Im saving my pennies for a FC-4   (hint, hint  :D)

JonnyMac

Having not used it I'm not sure how useful it will be with a Prop-1 (it seems to take a bit of code to do the interface), but I'm sure it will be great with the Prop-2.  Remember, the Prop-2 is BS2-based, and the BS2 is Parallax's #1 processor, so most accessory designs are optimized around the BS2.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office