May 05, 2024, 07:28:08 PM

News:

Got VSA?  Want to use your Prop-SX?  Now you can!  See the VSA section of the Library forum for Prop-SX code that works with VSA.

New and Improved PIR from Parallax!!!

Started by livinlowe, April 28, 2011, 07:53:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

livinlowe

Hello everyone. Just read on parallax forums about a new PIR sensor:

http://www.parallax.com/StoreSearchResults/tabid/768/txtSearch/555-28027/List/0/SortField/4/ProductID/83/Default.aspx

Appearently, they have redesigned and improved the product. Now you can select short or long range with a jumper, and possibly activate a relay with the output. Still $10, so if you have a "twitchy" one, hey whats the cost of time of debugging.

Haven't tried one myself, but think I'll order one and experiment. Parallax has the same customer support as EFX-TEK: AWESOME. So I would'nt be surprised if this REV B works much better.
Shawn
Scaring someone with a prop you built -- priceless!

JackMan

Looks like some nice improvements but I doubt the "Short/Long" option affects the field of view. Probably still need to choke it down to eliminate triggers out of the target zone.

livinlowe

Quote from: JackMan on April 28, 2011, 05:27:57 PM
Looks like some nice improvements but I doubt the "Short/Long" option affects the field of view. Probably still need to choke it down to eliminate triggers out of the target zone.
Yeah, i just hope they eliminated the units that trigger for no reason. Mine is shipping to me, Ill have to do a write up
Shawn
Scaring someone with a prop you built -- priceless!