May 18, 2024, 06:04:30 PM

News:

You can now use Vixen to program your Prop-1 and Prop-2 controllers!  Get started quickly and easily, without having to learn PBASIC.  Details in the Library forum.

Broken Connectors

Started by chipshoy, October 28, 2007, 06:27:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chipshoy

Hello Jon,

I finally got around to putting together my Prop-1, AP-8, and RC-4 this weekend.  This message board and all of your instructions, really made the work fun and easy.  Unfortunately, I was attempting to put the assembly inside a plastic container for use outside and accidently bent and broke off 3 of the 4 green wire connectors for the RC-4, leaving me with only the 4th channel.  It's not a complete lost, but I was definitely dissapointed in myselft after getting the whole thing working only to have it break 3 days before halloween.  My question to you is, can I fix this?

JonnyMac

If you're handy with a soldering iron you could remove and replace those connectors; you can get similar connectors (that have the same pin spacing) at RadioShack.  Just be very careful not to lift the traces from the board by applying excessing heat from your iron.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office