May 19, 2024, 02:18:25 AM

News:

You can now use Vixen to program your Prop-1 and Prop-2 controllers!  Get started quickly and easily, without having to learn PBASIC.  Details in the Library forum.

Connections from SX Tech Board to RC 4

Started by livinlowe, November 27, 2007, 04:30:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

livinlowe

Ok, Jon-
Reading the manual on the RC4 (yeah, shawn, keep it up!!!  :D ) it says to contact EFX-TEk before hooking up the RC4 to anything other than an EFX-TEK product. So, I'm going to download your RC4 demo code into my sx28 and I have RC7 going to the black on the 12" extention, Vdd going to white, and Vss going to red. This should provide power to the RC4 sx chip, and, hopefully work. Right?  ???

Thanks

Shawn
Shawn
Scaring someone with a prop you built -- priceless!

JonnyMac

The reason we put that suggestion into the docs is that the RC-4 can be damaged due to a back hook-up; here's what you want

W = RC.7
R = Vdd (+5v)
B = Vss (ground)
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

livinlowe

Ok, so I had to change the program for the 4 MHz resonator that came with my kit (SX Tech tool kit Plus), but......

It WORKS!!!  :o Sorry to be such a newbee, but MAN that's pretty cool! Thanks for your help Jon, SLOWlY but surely I'm learning this SX stuff!!!

Between my Prop-1's, AP8's(down, but possibly not out) and RC-4's next halloween is going to rule!

Shawn
Shawn

JonnyMac

November 29, 2007, 06:54:19 PM #3 Last Edit: November 29, 2007, 07:05:27 PM by JonnyMac
Why wait for Halloween, it's Christmas season.  I don't know about your neighborhood, but here in Hollywood everybody is lit up.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

livinlowe

Very True! Got to start thinking of a display...
Shawn