May 18, 2024, 05:28:49 PM

News:

Be sure to checkout our Vixen interfaces in the Library forum -- if you want PC automation at near zero cost, EFX-TEK and Vixen is a great combination of tools.

Transfert data through DC16?

Started by jmspaggi, June 04, 2008, 07:09:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmspaggi

Hi,

I'm missing pins on my Javelin board (will need about 22), so I would like to know if I can transfer data through a DC-16. Let me explain.

I connect 3 DC-16 to my Javelin to pin 1. Now, I connect 16  3 wires components to those 3 DC-16. Each component will have one pin connected to the first DC-16, the next pin to the next DC-16, and the last pin, to the last DC-16.

The V+ of each DC-16 is connected to another javelin pin (2, 3 and 4).

So using the DC-16, I will be able to select which 3 wires sensor will be connected to the Javelin pins (2 to 4).

Doing that, I will be able to use 64 3wires components with only 4 pins of my javelin. A change, I need 16 temperature sensors, one RTC, and so on. And I don't need to access them at the same time. So that will help me if it works.

So as you will understand, the goal here is to have like a "3 wires component" selector, using 4 pins.

Thanks for any hint you will be able to provide.

Jean-Marc

JonnyMac

I don't think that's going to work for you.  The output terminals of the DC-16 switch to ground, and have about a 0.7v drop through the ULN.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office