May 18, 2024, 05:28:44 PM

News:

You can now use Vixen to program your Prop-1 and Prop-2 controllers!  Get started quickly and easily, without having to learn PBASIC.  Details in the Library forum.

Prop1 I/O's

Started by chuck, August 20, 2008, 10:27:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chuck

Just a quick question. The I/O rail appears to have gone all 1's on me  :( i.e. even though the program sets all pins to 0 there is power to them, the buttons and everything else are working normaly. Does this sound like I have managed to blow something.

Cheers

JonnyMac

Can you post your test program so I can see what you're doing?   While it's possible, it's not usual for the I/Os to be blown high -- they rarely blow at all because we have protection resistors inline with all I/O.

Also, can you provide a schematic or picture of how you connected things?  An big amusement park recently decided to use the SETUP header as an I/O point and killed a couple controllers; we didn't know this until they sent us a picture of their installation.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

chuck

Hi Jon,

Sorry it’s taken so long to get back to you, I seem to be having problems with all things technical at the moment.

My set-up is like the one in the Prop-1 docs pdf showing the valve connection (though I only have 1 pneumatic ram, I/O 4). I/O 7 to AP-8, 6 to start btn, 5 to reset btn. The other I/O’s are not connected as yet as I have to build the start lights.

It has 24v DC and draws 2W + AP-8. However, I think I may have inadvertently reversed the voltage (a bit), I mistakenly reversed the power leads. That is the only thing I can think of that caused the I/O’s to blow high as everything had been working fine for over a week previously.

JonnyMac

Answered in your other thread.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office