May 18, 2024, 07:26:53 PM

News:

You can now use Vixen to program your Prop-1 and Prop-2 controllers!  Get started quickly and easily, without having to learn PBASIC.  Details in the Library forum.

WickLED in other than Yellow?

Started by BigRez, November 06, 2008, 03:51:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigRez

Will the WickLED product ever be available in colors other than yellow?  Red, Green, or Blue for example?

If not I guess we could make our own, but if I were to attempt that, it'd probably come out looking all mangled or something. :D

JonnyMac

We can't get them at the price we do (reduced this year -- did anyone notice?) by splitting up the LED colors; you know the game: volume.

If you want to build your own you can, and I'll even help.  Now, what you have to do is download and install ExpressPCB (www.expresspcb.com) and then use the files that I've linked to below.  In the ZIP you'll find the schematic, and single wick board, and a panelized board.  The panelized board uses ExpressPCB's miniboard format so you could get three panels of 21 wick boards each for about $60 -- of course, you have to cut the panel apart and solder all the parts in.

Click here for Schematic/PCB files.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

John Wohlers

If you're good with a soldering iron, you could probably buy wickleds and just de-solder the yellow LEDs, and solder on some of another color...
John \/\/ohlers

BigRez

JonnyMac

Others have done that with success; you just have to be mindful of how you install the new LEDs as they are polarized.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

BigRez

Thanks, understand that.  (I created twelve full sets of eight eyes each for my Cowlacious CaveEyes board.  That's a lot of LEDs!)   My next order will include a set of WickLEDs to give it a try.