May 18, 2024, 05:28:51 PM

News:

You can now use Vixen to program your Prop-1 and Prop-2 controllers!  Get started quickly and easily, without having to learn PBASIC.  Details in the Library forum.

RC-4 and Vixen

Started by youngti, November 14, 2008, 11:06:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

youngti

Hooked up two of the 4 RC-4's I got and was very impressed.  Did a test in Vixen and the status lights went on and off just as I programed.  Pretty cool.

Question, even though I set the sequence in Vixen starting with Channel 1 to 8.  The board flashed the status lights in this order RC-4 (1)K4 to K1, then RC-4 (2) K4 to K1.  Even with just one RC-4 still K4 to K1.

I set the setup in vixen with the 1st RC-4 as channel group 1-4 RC-4 %00, 2nd as channel group 5-8 RC-4 %01.  I made sure the boards serial was set to 38.4k and RC-4 (1) Jumper A0=out, A1=out; RC-4 (2) A0=in, A1=out.

Not a big deal because I can always adjust in software, just wanted to make sure I was doing this right.

JonnyMac

You're right -- and I'm sorry I didn't catch that when testing the new driver.  D'Oh!  That's the problem with simple linear tests: I was just looking for motion and saw it; I should have noticed it was backward.

I will contact KC to get a driver update.  Sorry for the trouble.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

youngti

No problem, like I said you can fix it in the software just by setting channel 4 to be the sequence you want 1 to be.  Makes life a little more challenging. ;D

JonnyMac

The driver has been updated by KC and re-tested with the RC-4.  Now the outputs on the RC-4(s) correctly correspond to the Vixen channel assignments (Vixen channel 1 = RC-4.K1, etc.).  Sorry for any inconvenience.

Download
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office