May 16, 2024, 05:54:08 AM

News:

Got VSA?  Want to use your Prop-SX?  Now you can!  See the VSA section of the Library forum for Prop-SX code that works with VSA.

Starting Gate

Started by Indianaholmes, July 11, 2010, 05:41:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Indianaholmes

First, about me. I love Halloween and wanted to learn how to use a prop1. My son is into BMX racing and I also dreamed of building him a practice starting gate, so my very first project with a prop1 is this gate. This was back in 2006. So I had Jon write the program for me and tried to learn from there. I haven't done a very good job of learning, but I managed to make timing adjustments to his program and my project was successful in my eyes. So, built the gate and put the video on youtube. I immediately started getting queries on how to build the gate. Helped everyone the best that I could and referred several people to Jon for stuff I didn't know about.
    Anyway, here is one of my 2 starting gates that I've built. The American Bicycle Association will be changing the cadence this next year, which will make my gate obsolete. I will need to come up with some different programming using "RANDOM" and that scares me to death. I may ask for help.......again.

http://www.youtube.com/user/indianaholmes#p/a/f/1/VR1bBAVPZSw