May 16, 2024, 10:33:42 AM

News:

You can now use Vixen to program your Prop-1 and Prop-2 controllers!  Get started quickly and easily, without having to learn PBASIC.  Details in the Library forum.

The Great Pumpkin

Started by JackMan, September 11, 2010, 03:30:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackMan

Well now that it's the season I bought a large plastic Jack-O Lantern at Walgreens and finished up a project that I started over the winter. He's triggered by dropping a quarter into the coin accepter built into his side. I have a sign in front of him that reads:

LET THE GREAT PUMPKIN TELL YOUR FORTUNE
                         ONLY 25 CENTS!

His eyes glow a constant red until someone drops in a quarter and then the eyes alternate from red to blue 10 times with a ½ second pause between changes. Just when the victim thinks that this is all it's gonna do they get a 1 second blast from a pair of car horns promptly followed by an evil laugh. I used a cheap $10 message recorder connected to a powered MP3 speaker. Everything is controlled with a Prop-1 and the whole thing is power with a small 12v sealed lead-acid battery. The coin accepter is a used unit from a slot machine, cheap on ebay. Everything fits nicely inside the pumpkin.
Can't wait for the trick-or-treaters to come around!