May 16, 2024, 04:10:12 PM

News:

You can now use Vixen to program your Prop-1 and Prop-2 controllers!  Get started quickly and easily, without having to learn PBASIC.  Details in the Library forum.

Animated Skull on a Hearse Driver 2008

Started by davisgraveyard, September 25, 2008, 09:29:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davisgraveyard

Well, it is FINALLY done!   After several years of tinkering and a lot of work this year I finished the talking skull for this year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSAbaW5WBkg

I made a few compromises this year but plan to improve things next year.

The current configuration is a Prop-2 Controller, UMP3 audio board with a 32Mb SD card, and a Cowlicious Scary Terry Audio-Servo Driver.

I used a Prop-SX with a VEX transmitter to puppeteer the head and capture data.    The servos are all HiTech HS-425BB.   I am using a standard Bucky Skeleton From Anatomical chart co.  The misc hardwared I purchased from McMasters. 

Next year I want to convert to a Prop-SX and store much more movement data on the board for a smoother show. 

Jeff Davis
www.davisgraveyard.com

EricTheMannn

thats a Great prop man, i like how organized it is, I'm curious whats the other board your using,is it for sound? great programing with the prop-2! 
WooHoo

JonnyMac

Jeff stated that he's using the uMP3 player for Rogue Robotics -- I like this little board and have one built up with a Prop-1 so that I can experiment with it (and support our friends who do, too).  You'll find uMP3 examples in the Audio section of the forums.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

EricTheMannn

Great Ive heard of the ump3, but have not yet worked with it.

now after reading the posted information i now understand what the board's are.(de da dee, on my part)

WooHoo