May 06, 2024, 05:23:10 PM

News:

Got VSA?  Want to use your Prop-SX?  Now you can!  See the VSA section of the Library forum for Prop-SX code that works with VSA.

Can FC-4 be interfaced to listen to VSA?

Started by LBC_Techo, January 17, 2011, 10:50:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LBC_Techo

I've been studying the various libraries and such....looking for FC-4's being commanded by VSA.  I see props listening to VSA and controlling servos....and relays if I remember right.

Is it possible to program a Prop to listen to VSA, translate and send commands to FC-4's?

JonnyMac

It would really be better to go direct to the FC-4, the delay in between will cause problems.  The replacement for the FC-4, the FC-4+ includes an RS-485 (DMX, etc) interface so it can be connected to VSA right out of the box.  We're hoping to show the FC-4+ at Transworld.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

LBC_Techo

Hmmmm, ahhh, grrr......

Makes sense to go direct, nice info on an updated product, but was hoping to avoid DMX.  Also was hoping to keep things on a notebook with one serial port.....Avoiding USB convertion.....

Well, my new years show design is good.... but I guess I'd really ought to consider a PC with multiple serial ports for the halloween show...it'll be more complex anyway.....just don't relish lugging PC and monitor outdoors.....but gotta keep an open mind.... and at this point got plenty of time.

Thanks for the input.......

JonnyMac

QuoteHmmmm, ahhh, grrr......

What protocol would you suggest? VSA has to send something to the control device, if not DMX, what would you use?
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office