May 06, 2024, 05:22:04 AM

News:

You can now use Vixen to program your Prop-1 and Prop-2 controllers!  Get started quickly and easily, without having to learn PBASIC.  Details in the Library forum.

FC-4/Controller/Potentiometer

Started by gadget-evilusions, April 18, 2013, 07:57:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gadget-evilusions

Is there a way, to use any controller (prop-1, prop-2, etc) to read and remember the input of a potentiometer in a sort of programming mode, and then play that recorded sequence back thru an FC-4?

I can of course code the light levels in a prop-1 to control an FC-4, but I once had a board that would do as I described above, and was just wondering if it was possible with EFX-TEK parts.
Brian
Evilusions LLC
www.evilusions.com for all your pneumatic components

JonnyMac

I'm not sure I understand. It seems like you want to put a show in the FC-4 and have it run autonomously? That's not possible because there is no storage (e.g., EEPROM) in the FC-4.

I've done live recording with the HC-8+ to a uSD card; I could always do that to [upper] EEPROM and then you could play it back. Right now we don't have a pot input for the HC-8+, but I have the schematic and board in progress (it's a 2-channel ADC board that attaches like the uSD and Wii adapters).
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

livinlowe

Do you maybe want the Prop-1 to read a pot, then send out a 0-255 value to the FC-4 and when you get that value, hard program it into the prop-1?
Shawn
Scaring someone with a prop you built -- priceless!

bsnut

April 18, 2013, 04:42:27 PM #3 Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 05:35:28 PM by bsnut
Brian,

You have the right idea for what you want to do. Take a look at the program that Jack posted on button programmer it can give you an idea how to setup your program.
William Stefan
The Basic Stamp Nut