May 03, 2024, 11:08:04 AM

News:

You can now use Vixen to program your Prop-1 and Prop-2 controllers!  Get started quickly and easily, without having to learn PBASIC.  Details in the Library forum.

EZ-3micro Question

Started by rackz, October 18, 2011, 07:03:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rackz

October 18, 2011, 07:03:28 PM Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 07:20:55 PM by rackz
Why does my ez-3micro automatically start with out any trigger even with parallax pir sensor attached? Also Audio player starts automatically with out a trigger. What I am tring to do is have the pir sensor start the audio and trigger the prop. Any help would be nice.

bsnut

I have this question for you. Was the Parallax PIR connected to the EZ-3 when your problem started? If you didn't have anything connect to the EZ-3 it shouldn't be doing anything at all.

One, of the best things you can do is call Jon about this problem if this is the case.   
William Stefan
The Basic Stamp Nut

JonnyMac

October 19, 2011, 12:13:49 AM #2 Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 12:16:28 AM by JonnyMac
Does the spontaneous triggering happen without the PIR connected?  If no... the PIR is suspect. 

I have said it until I'm blue in the face and will keep saying it: PIRs are very difficult to deploy in props because humans are always around causing false triggers.  We have recommended putting the PIR in the end of a pipe (e.g., 2" PVC) to hide the sensor from everything except the target area where triggering should take place.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

rackz

yes with out the pir, as soon as you switch it on it goes into run. with the pir conected you can not configure, with out the pir you can configure.

JonnyMac

Please call the sales office to organize for a return; it should not trigger without some sort of stimulus.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

sinstar

I'm trying to change the run times for the ez-3 controller.  The intended useage is for a water squirter.  The problem is 10 seconds is too long.  I need this controller to run for 2-4 seconds.  If there is a setting from .5 to 10 seconds that would be great.  Thanks for your help. 

JonnyMac

This thread is locked due to hijacking. We ask that all members review our forum guidelines before posting. The only way for us to keep these forums useful is to keep the threads orderly.

-- http://www.efx-tek.com/php/smf/index.php?topic=266.0
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office