May 03, 2024, 11:36:22 PM

News:

Got VSA?  Want to use your Prop-SX?  Now you can!  See the VSA section of the Library forum for Prop-SX code that works with VSA.

EZ-3 vrs. Prop-1

Started by wdgoof, September 11, 2015, 11:46:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wdgoof

So I tried to order a few Prop-1s and some how ended up with a bunch of these EZ-3's.  Now crunch time comes before Halloween and I am trying to figure these things out.  SO please forgive me if my questions seem overly simple.

1. How do I control LED's?  My "show" is very simple.  When triggered, a few LED's (eyes on the props) turn on, a couple of wiper motors run, show ends everything turns off.  The motors I am fairly sure I can get to work on the relay output, but what about the LED's.  They will run from the pulse output but only for a few seconds.
2. Is the show limited to the time windows of the different zones, or is there a way to have a more precise control over when things turn on and off?
3. It looks like there are 2 relay outputs, but both are tied to the RUN function.  Can they be controlled separately?  So for example 1 turns on and off, then the next?

Thanks for the help as always. 
Wayne Dvorak

JonnyMac

I'm a little confused. It took a while to find, but the last order we have on record from you (see attached [personal information has been redacted]) was in February and was in fact for five EZ-3micros.

If you haven't used them, we can take them back (there is a small re-stock fee) and we do have plenty of Prop-1s in inventory.

Unfortunately, the EZ-3u is designed for very simple, single-output props, so I don't think it's going to be useful for your project. I suppose you could link a couple together, but that would be inefficient and may be tricky to control.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

wdgoof

Thank you for the quick reply.  I do not doubt the error was mine in ordering the wrong part, and then compounding it by not checking until way later. (Lifus interuptus)  Also thanks for the offer to accept a return.  All but 1 are untouched.  The one I obviously opened to test with but I have not used it for any props.  I will get them boxed up this evening to ship back.  Do I need any special paper work to go with that?  Can we work it as an exchange for Prop-1s?  Or do I need to put in a separate order for those?

As always your support is awesome!  I do love the prop-1's for what I do.

Wayne Dvorak

JonnyMac

September 11, 2015, 03:04:19 PM #3 Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 03:05:55 PM by JonnyMac
You definitely need to call our sales office before returning anything. As you can imagine, it's a bit busy this time of year and unexpected packages tend to go unopened until things slow down.

When you call you can make an order for the Prop-1s and we can credit you for the EZ-3s (less re-stock fee) -- but nothing will ship until we receive and check your return.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office