May 15, 2024, 11:00:10 AM

News:

Be sure to checkout our Vixen interfaces in the Library forum -- if you want PC automation at near zero cost, EFX-TEK and Vixen is a great combination of tools.

Mourning (and screaming!) Bride

Started by ChrisBartram, December 03, 2007, 07:42:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisBartram

I've been working on this one on and off for a couple years now. The part that took me longest to figure out was how to make the head turn reliably. Started out with a foam head mounted on a servo. Not enough torque, and the weight of the head (with a wig) tore the head off the servo mount.

I finally figured out a reliable mechanism that used a servo - but let the weight rest on a separate support so the servo only had to turn the head via a little improvised rod assembly.

We were pretty happy with the final result!

She's controlled by a PROP1 housed in a waterproof electrical box. A PIR detects a TOT coming down the path and triggers a Chipcorder player with a crying/sobbing woman sound byte. Finally just as the TOT comes up to her, the servo is triggered turning her head toward the TOT and she SCREAMS.

As a final indignity her eyes BLAZE (super bright red LEDs) from her green face.

Photos, some how-to info, and a video of her in action are available at http://www.creepynights.org/Projects/2007/Head-Turner/index.html