May 16, 2024, 11:52:40 AM

News:

Be sure to checkout our Vixen interfaces in the Library forum -- if you want PC automation at near zero cost, EFX-TEK and Vixen is a great combination of tools.

Captain Jack

Started by JackMan, September 03, 2010, 03:20:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackMan

This is the latest addition to my Graveyard Show. We call him "Captain Jack".  He's triggered with a Prop-1 that controls a sequence of props and events in a 14 minute show. He is the show opener and closer. He also has a line in the middle of the show. The audio is handled with an AP-16+ and a 40W outdoor speaker. The jaw movement is from a homemade audio/servo driver. His one good eye lights up when he speaks and I used the AP-16+ on board relay to power a 1W LED spotlight that shines on him when a file is played.  I also have a 4 channel UHF remote wired to a few of the Aux inputs of the AP-16+ so I can manually trigger a particular file between shows. All of the electronics are mounted in a Tupperware container that fits nicely inside the chest area. The speaker is mounted just above that. The skull is a Bucky and the skeleton frame is made from ¾" PVC. An old Halloween costume and a few accessories finish off the package.

vista

would love to see the show as a video when he's in place...

JackMan

Yeah, I'll have to see what I can do. 14 minutes of video on YouTube would have to be degraded to the point where it's hard to make things out.

JezzieRose

He looks great, maybe if you uploaded just a portion of the video we could at least see how he works.

vista

The way to get around the video limitations is to cut it in half and post version 1 and 2. I assume you have video editing software...  and this is what I was talking about earlier with the output relay lighting a led light.. If we show each other how to do this then it takes the mystery out of it.
Thanks for sharing..