May 16, 2024, 03:44:44 AM

News:

Be sure to checkout our Vixen interfaces in the Library forum -- if you want PC automation at near zero cost, EFX-TEK and Vixen is a great combination of tools.

Haunted Graveyard Show 2011

Started by JackMan, November 03, 2011, 05:08:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackMan

Well my Haunted Graveyard Show at the campsite was once again a big success thanks to EFX-TEK products. We had big crowds every half hour after dark on Friday and Saturday. Got a little rain Saturday morning and even though all of my electronics are in sealed containers, I was a little worried when show time came around. The temperature dropped to around 32 degrees shortly after sunset and everything was very damp, all of my Prop-1's and AP-16+'s worked flawlessly despite the tough conditions. It's a tremendous amount of work setting up this show at a campsite (and tearing it down!) but everyone enjoys it so much that it makes it all worth it. I wish I could post a good video of the entire 14 minute show but my camera sucks at night recording. I did video the whole thing but you really can't see most of what's going on. Thanks again to Jon and John for the great products and support!

bsnut

It's good to hear that your Halloween show at the camp site was great success this year and wasn't put off by snow on the rest of the east coast.

Since, you don't have a good video due to being too dark. Do you have some setup video or pictures to show us?

William Stefan
The Basic Stamp Nut

Liam

That's great to hear, I'm glad your show went off well and was truly appreciated. It's always such a great feeling. :)

And like William said, I'd also love to see setup pics or build pics of your props even if you don't have a video to share. I always get so many great ideas on how to improve my props by seeing what other people do. Thanks for the update!

Liam

JackMan

Here's a pic of the site all set up and ready to go. The 2 headstones to the left with the neon paint are my Michael Jackson/Vincent Price skulls (3-axis with eye and jaw movement) that slowly raise up from behind the tombstones when "Thriller" starts. Everything is dimly lit with white, blue, and red solar lights and each "actor" has a 1 watt LED spotlight that comes on when they're "up". Thunder, lightning, graveyard sounds, music soundtracks, 1 liners, and lots of animation. Tons of wiring which I am amazed that I get it all to work at a campsite. There's no time for a dry run or trouble shooting so the first show is a little unnerving!  :o

Liam

Wow, very cool Jack. And really impressive that you get it all wired up and running not only under rustic-ish conditions but also in such a short timespan. Thanks for sharing, and congrats again on your successful year!

Liam