May 16, 2024, 07:51:00 AM

News:

Got VSA?  Want to use your Prop-SX?  Now you can!  See the VSA section of the Library forum for Prop-SX code that works with VSA.

Thriller

Started by JackMan, August 26, 2012, 05:17:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackMan

This is a project that is part of my Haunted Graveyard Show. It's MJ and Vincent Price doing "Thriller". I built this 2 years ago and it has been running from my laptop PC with RoboWare software but hasn't been 100% reliable in the sync department. I have been hoping to find a better system for running it that would be completely reliable but not break the bank. Thanks to Jon, John and EFX-TEK this has finally happened. The end result are the props being run from a program created in Vixen, loaded to a MicroSD card and played on the new HC-8+ thanks to a "hack" written by Jon for the HC-8+ to output the commands to the MiniSSC's installed in my 3-axis skulls. The audio track is handled with an AP-16+. This part of my show is now 100% reliable and I no longer need my laptop! ;D The video isn't the best quality, it looks much better live with low lighting but at least you get the idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2K0Bzs6zyk&feature=channel&list=UL

bsnut

Jack,

You did excellent job bringing this over to the HC-8. With little help from Jon's programming skills it really shows the power of the Propeller processor and what Vixen can really do.
William Stefan
The Basic Stamp Nut

livinlowe

That is awesome! Good job
Shawn
Scaring someone with a prop you built -- priceless!

JackMan

Thanks guys, I appreciate the comments.  ;)