May 16, 2024, 09:12:18 AM

News:

Got VSA?  Want to use your Prop-SX?  Now you can!  See the VSA section of the Library forum for Prop-SX code that works with VSA.

Scully in the Coffin

Started by JackMan, November 04, 2012, 06:51:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackMan

This is actually one of the first props I made 3 years ago and really never got around to posting it. Full size wooden coffin, fog machine, purple light strip, hacked MP3 player with homemade amplifier, moving hand, talking skull, (cheap plastic one), 5 gallon air tank, single pneumatic cylinder, all controlled with a single Prop-1, even the mouth movements.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f24mVAYJtas

bsnut

Jack,

I am going to start calling you "Jack Disney" ;D for creating the Disney quality props. It was so funny I even watched it two times...yes that's two times.
William Stefan
The Basic Stamp Nut

livinlowe

Jack-
That is a well put together prop! How did you get the hand to move?
Shawn
Scaring someone with a prop you built -- priceless!

JackMan

Hey thanks for the compliments guys, I do appreciate it. The hand is actually another cheap sound activated crawling prop that I picked up after Halloween for $5. I hacked it and did away with the sound activation and wired the motor to the Prop-1, that controls the moving fingers. The hand is mounted to a horse shoe shaped PVC assembly which is connected to a piece of black braided fishing line tied to the coffin lid. The PVC is loosely mounted to the floor in the front corner of the coffin with 2 pipe clamps. When the lid raises it pulls up on the horse shoe and moves the hand up and out, pretty simple but it works.